What this is all about


Making everyday life experiences and activities (that may either be mundane or taken for granted) and adding a challenge to them.
It's about pushing comfort zones, learning new things and adapting to change.




Monday, October 10, 2011

#12 - Holding an Item

Challenge: Hold an item in my hand for a week

The item I chose was a guitar pick. It was small enough and easy enough to hold while still being able to do most things easily. So I thought. Typing was difficult, as was eating. I wore a batting glove to keep it in my hand during softball. That’s the level of commitment I have to this. I was always fighting the urge to put it down because that’s a natural reaction when you have something in your hands and then you need to use your hands.


Model shown above

The week had a flow of emotions related to this little pick. The week started off with thoughts of ‘this isn’t that hard’ which turned into ‘this is getting a little annoying’ to ‘this is ridiculous, why am I doing this’ to ‘annoyed.’ There came a time later in the week when I set it down for some reason and forgot about it. Then I saw it sitting there. By itself. Alone. Not in my hand. I picked it up with a feeling like I’ve let down a friend. There was an attachment to it that had set in. That, however, wore off quickly and it became, once again, annoying. I didn’t make it a whole week as I completely forgot about it over the weekend.

No Takeaways. There wasn’t really a purpose to this one other than a friend suggested it.
There is no real benefit to this challenge. FYI

NEXT CHALLENGE: ONLY FRUITS & VEGETABLES

No comments:

Post a Comment