What this is all about


Making everyday life experiences and activities (that may either be mundane or taken for granted) and adding a challenge to them.
It's about pushing comfort zones, learning new things and adapting to change.




Wednesday, September 28, 2011

#11 - Standing At Work

Challenge: Standing at work. All day.
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re sitting down, which means you’re probably digging yourself an early grave. That's what I've learned at least. After examining the lifestyles of more than 17,000 men and women over 13 years, a recent report found those who sit for most of the day were 54% more likely to die of heart attacks.



Since graduating college and being a workin' man, I've definitely been less active. I decided a change would be well-received by my heart. So I had my desk permanently raised. It wasn't too difficult for a week, especially since I sit enough during the occassional meeting during the day.

Take-aways:
1. My feet hurt. I made an appointment with Dr. Scholls
2. It's awesome not to have to get up to leave my desk. Yep, I just stay standing and move my legs to where I want to go.
3. Standing and eating is weird.

NEXT CHALLENGE: HOLDING AN ITEM IN MY HAND ALL WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment