What this is all about


Making everyday life experiences and activities (that may either be mundane or taken for granted) and adding a challenge to them.
It's about pushing comfort zones, learning new things and adapting to change.




Friday, November 18, 2011

#15 - No Shaving

Challenge: No Shaving for one month.

I made it one month. It wasn’t pretty. In fact, it got downright ugly. (See exhibit A and exhibit B) I have never tried to grow out my facial hair because I don’t have the HPSI* as some men (and women) do. However, I can say I did it and know what it looks like in case the thought to grow a beard ever crosses my mind again.

Fun fact: My friend and I used to spray Rogaine on our faces every morning on the bus in high school because we wanted facial hair/side burns like Joe Mauer or Tom Selleck. No, it didn’t work. Still doesn’t.



Take-aways
1. You have to get used to what you’re given. I have wanted straight hair and a nice five o’ clock shadow, but I get curls and poorly placed whiskers. You may not love the way you look or how God made you, but rejecting it your whole life makes things worse. You have to embrace it. Just ask the X-Men or any super hero or Tim Allen in The Santa Clause.
2. It was nice to not have to shave twice a week. I used that extra time to straighten my hair.

*Hairs per square inch

NEXT CHALLENGE: Mirror, mirror on the wall, I will not look at you at all.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Your beard beats mine and 2) Can't wait for your next challenge. Fingers crossed you finish it before December 15th so I can use it to procrastinate on my finals.

    ReplyDelete